Thursday, November 18, 2004

We want you ... to be one of us!

"When you captured Saddam Hussein, I was very happy, and not fighting Americans, but you used your guns, and your military debased me. I am very angry. I hate all Christians, because you killed my family, my city, and my mosques."



Mahmoud al-Samarrai was irate. After all he'd been through, now he had learned that, having been invited to his Mosque to be given food for what is left of his family, the U.S. soldiers there had secretly taken a swab of his hands to test for the presence of explosives.



The swab process, much like the one in use at U.S. airports, will detect minute traces of explosives left on a terrorist who has handled explosives or fired a gun during the last few days. However, it also will detect those, like Mahmoud, who have merely been trying to clear away the mounds of shells and other debris left over after the U.S. attacked his city and invaded his home.



Forty-seven men were arrested as a result of the tests. Forty-one were eventually released. Six were held for an as yet to be determined period of time on as yet unspecified charges.



Seems like a banner day for al Quaeda recruiters. Wonder how it's going for National Guard recruiters here?



USATODAY - Test nets suspects and enrages Fallujah residents

No comments: