Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Central Intelligence: Help Wanted, No Experience Necessary

George W. Bush's choice to head up the CIA says he's "not qualified" for the job. Here is Porter Goss in an interview with Michael Moore on March 3, 2004:



"I was a case officer, clandestine services office and yes I do understand the core mission of the business. I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified. I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably. And I certainly don't have the technical skills, uh, as my children remind me every day, "Dad you got to get better on your computer." Uh, so, the things that you need to have, I don't have."


Of course George Bush says "he's a good man," and I suppose that should be enough for you and me.



The video is included in footage for the movie "Fahrenheit 9/11" that was not included in the final cut. The page linked below includes a video clip of Goss explaining exactly why he should not have the job.



Michael Moore.com: Interview of CIA Nominee Porter Goss: "I am not qualified."

No comments: